Sunday, February 14, 2016

goya red kidney beans

when I was taking the light rail home tonight after performing I saw some trash near me. it was a nearly empty can of goya red kidney beans. all that was left was a little sauce. I got a picture of the can so I could remember the name better. it was put inside a bag from buffalo wild wings and thrown into a trash bin at my stop. I am not sure if I have ever eaten this kind of food before.
  I did two shows today, first was the donut show. I liked getting some 'bonus' stage time. besides my set, I did a few minutes with number 25 during her set. chameleon shared a photo and I decided to share it on my facebook news feed. it was fun sharing the stage with her, I spoke about things like 'bonnie types' and the jewel song 'who will save your soul'. after it I went home for a short time and returned for one at a pub. I did a mostly different set at the second one. at the first one I started off with a story about getting a valentines day card from 'secret admirers' in high school that I knew in advance was a prank. I also said how it seems like performing comedy is a futile attempt to stay out of a therapist office as I have been in and out of them since probably age 12. no surprise how I enjoyed this day more than the previous one. I referred to a Meghan trainor song to long straw when I was thinking how I felt. the song was 'feel better when I am dancing'. in my case it is 'feel better when I am performing'.
   before I got busy today I watched a DVD, 'Charlie brown's Christmas tales'. included was 'is this goodbye?' I had seen it before, but it had been a while. I have half of the Charlie brown specials on mostly DVD (just 2 on VHS) and I am hopeful I can pick up some more soon. it means keeping an eye peeled when in stores like target and Walmart. easier to get them in person, haven't tried finding any online yet. also put in a photo order at Walgreen but they were running out of paper for the prints so I haven't picked up anything yet. hard to do with today's schedule, and I was too tired to go over there after getting home from the second show.

No comments:

Post a Comment