Monday, February 29, 2016

my immortal, evanescence

recently I went to youtube to find the song 'my immortal' by evanescence. it seemed to fit an ordeal from the comedy community, where perkins said he was quitting facebook but didn't.my response, where I spoke of this song, got 17 likes. 'And if you have to leave/I wish you would just leave/cause your presence still lingers here/and it won't leave me alone'. the song is likely inspired by a dating relationship, and the video centers mostly on the frontwoman, and she is often on her back while singing. I liked how the tone of the song changed after a while, with more intense drumming. I also found a version by Lindsey stirling on youtube, the violinist. it is instrumental, but of course the passion and the spirit is still there. the video for that one appears to be at a concert, showing Lindsey's violin skills while there is some fire in the background.
   it was a typical Monday at the office, meaning high volume. I decided to get a wedge sandwich from the convenience store in the skyway since I was so busy. I was called on my cell phone early in the day by the mechanic from midas, reminding me how I forgot to drop off the key. so it meant having to go there again tonight right after work. I took the light rail and then the bus, to Roseville. I was off the mark with the bus and had to double back, it meant doing a slightly dangerous walk while doubling back. I had started on my journey early enough where I still had plenty of time to make it by 6pm, closing time. on this walk I decided to get pictures of the traffic below me, of route 36 at rush hour by the target store. thankfully I didn't see any cops during that time. I will learn my lesson about where the earlier stop is. after I was done I went to eat at a nearby Kentucky fried chicken. I got a good deal on the 2-piece chicken meal, just over five dollars. it included mashed potatoes and gravy, biscuit, fountain drink, and a chocolate chip cookie. I needed to transfer on the buses in order to get home finally, and at the layover point I decided to look around a book shop. it was about 20 minutes between buses. I didn't do much when I got home, and of course this meant not going to the clubs tonight. nothing wrong with just staying in and resting once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment