Monday, February 8, 2016

fat monday, timberwolves game

this was my annual visit to a timberwolves basketball game as they were playing the new Orleans pelicans. I like the reminder of visiting the big easy in 2002, and this is the only new Orleans team that visits annually. wolves lost but they had trailed for most of the game. the theme was 'fat monday' as ash Wednesday is this week, and of course new Orleans is famous for mardi-gras (fat Tuesday). there was some Dixieland music at halftime and what looked like parade entrants going around the floor. I got one photo of it that I liked but it was hard to do from far away and not much lighting as well. also notable was having no ticket when I arrived at the arena. I went to a ticket booth and before I was first in line I saw a man ask me how many tickets I needed, I said one. he was willing to sell me one for ten dollars, a good deal. I just said I needed to go to the ATM. so we did after passing through the security checkpoint, and he got the change needed after I went to get some bottle water and a bagt of peanuts as I hadn't eaten yet aside from a banana after getting off work. so I guess here's to you, single serving friend. I did get a hot dog at halftime, and trying to keep a hold of everything I did drop one item. thankfully it was the bag of nuts and not the hot dog I had just bought and hadn't taken a bite out of yet.  it was well done, asked for no onions. I usually just put ketchup and mustard on it, unless I find sauerkraut then that goes on it as well. I liked how it worked well logistically, as the light rail brought me there just minutes before gametime. and I didn't have to wait long for light rail after the game either. but of course it was helpful that the game ended before 10pm, when there still is a higher frequency of trains.
   at work I brought some cookies for my service anniversary, 17 years. some were pumpkin and others were peanut butter. I let the Filipino man know but he said he is allergic to peanuts so that left the pumpkin for him apparently. I liked how not much was left by the end of the day. I like it when I don't have to eat many myself. but I do know well enough to take some off the top to make sure I get any at all. looks like I won the monthly vote, first time I had ever won. I had to ask if this was correct. I will be getting 50 points, now it means deciding what to get with it. for a while it has been amazon gift cards, but there are plenty of cards to choose from.
   at midday I decided to call customer service for two internet dating sites. one was e-harmony and the other match dot-com. I am a fully paid member for the former, not the latter. I asked the latter of they match prices like grocery stores do, sounds like they won't. unless you count their 6-month guarantee. I did have one thing changed on e-harmony, it was the age range. the problem with one of those 'one and done' dates from last month was the age difference.so that means more matches closer to my age. still not big on changing the 'radius' from what it is, 30 miles or less. on yet another site, I was surprised to get a 'looking for you' from one match. nothing unusual to get these from out of state, but this one was from my hometown of newton, iowa. so I did accept it, normally I don't. we will see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment