Saturday, February 6, 2016

mistress america movie

I had hoped to get around to see a movie at theaters today, but it was not to be. I got back from the library, jc penney, and the winter carnival and felt tired. so I figured I should rest before going to a movie, and slept for an hour. by then I knew I wouldn't make it in time. so I checked redbox online to see what looked good, as I had a code for a free first night. there were 6 movies I wrote down, and I picked 'mistress america'. the storyline sounded good about two stepsisters-to-be, in new York city. one of them just started college, the other age 30. though a big part of the storyline took place in Greenwich, CT, a road trip to secure investors for a restaurant. since I enjoy writing I liked how the college student was applying for a literary organization. and it made sense how she would draw upon what she knew, in this case the stepsister, for inspiration in the writings. I don't think I recognized any of the actors in it, but this was no big deal for me. I just want to watch something with a good story. it was funny when the term 'posse' was used for the four who went to the suburbs by car. besides the stepsisters, this included the driver, who dated the younger one, and his new lady friend. this was a weird twist to the story. at times it was hard to understand those two characters being in it, as I figured after a breakup usually the couple wants nothing to do with each other. but they may have had to 'write them into the story' since somebody needed to drive them out there. at the same time, it looked like the younger one was taking a train later on. and as I recall from visiting the area in 2004, there are trains that start at grand central and go out to new haven, CT, 70 miles away. I liked using that train. good story though, worth it as a rental. another one that wouldn't have seen in theaters but fine as a rental.
    in the evening I did attend a comedy show and became the camera operator after I was told that the intended operator didn't show up. I like having a role, staying occupied, so it was fine with me. especially with the perks I received, two beers.

No comments:

Post a Comment