Tuesday, February 9, 2016

rolling pin and robe

sometimes I go through my facebook news feed and see something I like. in this case it was from the couple that I saw get married in 2014, they are now in California. she spoke of being so married she was chasing her husband with a rolling pin, and a robe on, as I recall. I said I liked the imagery in the posting. I also liked her profile photo, it looked like a professional headshot.
   resting worked just fine for me tonight, which meant I didn't go to the clubs. even though there were at least three shows I knew about that I could have attended. I am to the point where I am more likely now to show up only if performing, though if it means enough to me I will be there to support some of my friends. I did my best to get caught up on paperwork, and it meant putting more things in the pile to be shredded, mostly old mail. now I have two amazon gift card codes, as enterprise rent a car sent me another one today. so it means figuring out what I want to order with it. I still haven't ordered the don rickles DVD that the Wisconsin dude suggested to me, one that has plenty of bob Newhart in it. so that may finally be topping the list.
   it also meant trying to figure out my schedule of events that I am attending in the next few weeks. some of them were facebook invites, like a play I was invited to by whopper. others were speed dating, seen on facebook as well as meetup. but I may have to say no to Saturday's speed dating and go to the one in early march instead as I don't want to cut it too close on seeing one of chameleon's shows when she is in town this weekend. I even liked hearing one of her band's songs on youtube, called 'go gay for you'. not sure what it is that I like about it, but I think that as a whole her band's music is truly a 'guilty pleasure'. I know it started with hearing the joe biden song when they were doing shows with valley meadows in back in 2012.
   it is still busy at the office as I am still trying to get caught up with the letters after being out of the office on Wednesday. I know I am now starting to think more about my annual visit to Chicago-land, as I want to go next month. but I still need to get the day off from work, and make the reservations as well. I started pricing the airfares today, not as low as I would have liked. I want to give myself as much time as possible there. it is an extended weekend, so I want to arrive before midday on day one and be there until mid-afternoon on day three. then I have more time for visiting tourist sites. I have wanted to see the shedd aquarium again as I haven't seen it since age 8. it is often promoted at the minor-league wolves hockey games that I attend. it also meant pricing hotel rooms on hotels dot-com, and it may mean staying at one I've been at before but it is fine with me. I do my best to read the ratings by customers when I pick a place, but I also look at price to keep things affordable.

No comments:

Post a Comment