Sunday, February 21, 2016

take back the power, interrupters

after watching the Michael moore movie 'where to invade next' I decided to look up the song in the closing credits. it was 'take back the power' by the interrupters. it is a black and white video that I found on youtube. the lyrics send a powerful message, and the song is high energy and fast so it really works for me. the song asks questions like 'what's your plan for tomorrow, are you a leader or will you follow, are you a fighter or will you cower, it's our time take back the power'. other lyrics that had impact for me was 'you don't look like one of us, we don't need to run and hide, we won't be pushed off to the side'. first time I had heard of this band. my guess is the band will get more attention, as people pay attention to movies. another movie by mr. moore where I recalled the song in the closing credits was 'rocking in the free world' by neil young, in 'Fahrenheit 9/11'.
   I stayed busy today, no problem there. I had chores like the dishes and laundry. but there was also watching 2 more movies to be more prepared for a podcast I am doing soon. then there was performing in the evening. it went well, even did a joke I didn't expect to about seeing myself in the mirror while onstage and wasn't expecting this. so I had to look away and stay focused on my performance, especially when it is hard to look at what I look like while performing. but I know this is proof of being effective at performing, sometimes one needs to change things 'on the fly'. others were about what I saw at a recent burlesque show, picking up pennies and my Canadian penny collection, and answering jokes I heard tonight like asking myself certain questions and how I had been to a facebook wedding as well.
    the one about pennies was mostly inspired by a visit to target for pizza just before the show, and seeing pennies on the carpet near the snack bar entrance. one of them was Canadian, hadn't seen one in  months. I liked being able to add it to my collection as it was a year I didn't have yet. they will be harder to find in circulation now since they aren't made anymore. it was why I had to order some, especially the older ones, on e-bay. I was also thinking of what happened when doing laundry, but didn't cover it in the joke. I like challenges, like when I see coins 'trapped' somewhere and I want to see if I can get them out. in this case it was three that had fallen between two lines of machines and I couldn't reach it with my arm. it meant reaching in with a stick I found outside and moving it closer to where I could reach it with my hand. this worked for two of them, a penny and quarter. for the third, another penny, it probably means putting some chewing gum on the end of the stick or something else sticky like tape. I will probably try again when I make a return visit. this is how I am, where I like finding things as I've proven to be good at it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment