Thursday, February 18, 2016

wet plastic bags

I decided to take a walk around the neighborhood after watching 'big bang theory'. I did the typical thing while walking, which was pick up trash near my path. it meant plenty of wet plastic bags, besides aluminum cans. I took off the pull tabs from the cans, 6 in all. describing the bags this way reminded me of a song by radiohead, 'fake plastic trees'. so I found the song on youtube when I got back. although the song I was thinking of even more during the walk was 'break my stride'. I checked the Wikipedia article this week and it said there have been some covers of it. I found four. the two mentioned on Wikipedia was by blue lagoon and unique 2. I also found ones by body bangers and amy rose. amy's version, not that great. but the other three are good. made sense to think of it when on this long walk, since 'I've got to keep on moving' is in  the hook. I walked up to a co-op grocery store, then turned around after getting my first look inside the place.
   I did watch 2 'big bang theory' episodes tonight. syndicated rerun was when Sheldon couldn't decide on what electronics system to buy, and he was still in the store with amy when it closed. prime time episode was when howard found out Bernadette is pregnant. I liked it a lot as it ended up with the friends singing karaoke. one of the songs was 'bust a move'. of course I like this song as it reminds me of one of my favorite movies, 'up in the air', as it was in the movie. and I danced to it at my cousin's wedding last summer.
   I liked getting two things crossed off my list tonight, after getting back from the walk. one was to order a comedy CD. I had the other two already from this comic, who I saw perform last month. she is based in LA and has a podcast. it was ordered from amazon, and as usual I used a gift card so I didn't have to pay full price. the other thing was to renew a membership with a writers organization, the one where I have been to their convention three times. it had been on my list for a while, since I saw an email about it last month. the main thing was to get a password reset, then it was problem to go through the renewal process.
   at the office I did 20 settled and paid in full letters, after doing just 3 on the previous day. I claimed  a cinnamon roll from the smaller break room as I was leaving in the evening. it looked like I had a date scheduled for the weekend but it has already been postponed, family health issues. I think I can find something else to do during that time, like see the Michael moore documentary.

No comments:

Post a Comment