Friday, February 26, 2016

straight outta compton movie

tonight I watched 'straight outta compton', it was a redbox rental. I liked it. I think it compares well with other bio-pics I have seen, including those about rappers. and I had seen the ones about notorious BIG, and 50 cent, along with '8-mile', a 'semi-autobiography'. as a performer I could relate to some of the things being depicted in it about performing, like the business side of entertainment. some of the things depicted in it I do recall, like the Rodney king video from 1991 and the subsequent court case and riots. I was in high school then. I also recall hearing about the death of eazy-e as well. So this helped with liking it, when some of it was familiar. I could guess what likely was 'invented for dramatic effect', and I am used to seeing this disclaimer saying some of it was. I knew I would see this movie eventually, as I gave rap music a chance after seeing '8-mile', and of course dr. dre is Eminem's mentor. I liked the honesty and passion in this movie, I think because I am able to do and be this when I am performing. I even said this about a song in the closing credits, where some of the lyrics was 'talking to my diary'. I earned a free night from redbox due to this rental, love those loyalty programs! when I posted it on facebook I got a response from international falls saying that I love biographies and loyalty programs, and that I will admit.
  my boss was out of the office today, but we still had our sandwiches delivered from jimmy john's, I ordered a tuna sandwich. I liked getting the settlement letters caught up after being unable to do any on Thursday, though it was a struggle as I had a meeting that ran long. I also liked getting a password reset on the imaging system, didn't want that problem spilling over into Monday, our highest volume day of the week. I hate having to depend on others, in this case printing contracts.
  I had a shamrock shake at mcdonald's tonight when I went there for a filet-o-fish sandwich. this is also where I got the redbox rental. online dating is still a mystery to me. the poli-sci guy said I was really worked up, I said it was due to seeing the lack of quality in my matches. one of them proved how we weren't on the same page, in more ways than one. by failing to answer my question about favorite movies, along with not understanding I was talking about the lack of theaters nearby- as to why I like redbox for movies. I shouldn't have to drive 10 miles or more, in a metro area like MSP to see movies that I want to see, but this happens all too often. then there was hearing about my match getting a college education in bemdiji, I said 'out-state', referring to it being in Minnesota but outside the MSP metro area. this is different from 'out of state'. the match was closed for me, it saved me from having to. I was annoyed at the lack of information in the profile anyway, like having to ask what college and favorite movies as these are usually shared. there were some warnings it wasn't going to pan out, like answers being 'wanting to be spoiled with attention from my mate' as well as 'looking for a best friend'. sounds a little too needy. another match just spoke of the death of a parent, I was given an email address but I know well enough to 'stand down' for a little while. I know my grandma's funeral in 2008 was a week after her death.

No comments:

Post a Comment