Friday, March 18, 2016

bohemian rhapsody,queen

I went to a burlesque show tonight, and the song 'bohemian rhapsody' by queen was the final musical number aside from the 'take a bow' segment. I heard 'angel of the morning' during that time. naturally I think of the movie 'Wayne's world' when I think of 'rhapsody'. there was a sendup of puppets doing this song, while the performer had her head upside down as the middle puppet of five. I also liked hearing that recent 'SOB' song as well as two robins- 'rocking robin' while wearing batman and robin costumes. the opening musical number was 'I got you babe', the beavis and butthead edition. there was a wooden display depicting beavis and butthead. two elvis Presley songs was also a brilliant idea, one of them was 'heartbreak hotel'. and I liked 'only the good die young' by billy joel.
   at the office I killed a roach when I saw it on our floor. I was advised to notify our 'facility czar' but I didn't do this right away. when he heard about it he said they usually have pest control people in the office every two weeks. I said 'you probably don't need to see the evidence, do you?' as I flushed it down the toilet. he said he was from new York city and knew what they looked like. I also confronted a colleague in another department, asking that he not talk to me. I said it was due to earlier in the week where I was told to get off facebook if I don't like negative energy. I don't take kindly to anyone telling me how to live my life, to me it is the cardinal sin. it wasn't the first time he tried to out-talk me, likely due to his training for collector calls. it also happened when he tried to advise me about libraries. he didn't have much to say about it, and this I prefer. I took no joy whatsoever in having to confront, but I also had no choice as well. political science guy joked about kidney issues,  and I liked getting to a Lenten fish fry at a catholic church just about 10 minutes before they stopped serving. I hadn't been there before.

No comments:

Post a Comment