Friday, March 4, 2016

driver and vehicle services

during my lunch hour I went to the driver and vehicle services office in downtown st. paul, accessed by the skyway. I decided to go there right after I stamped out, to give myself as much time as possible. this plan helped as I still had nearly 30 minutes left when I was finished. though I did end up saying the employee who helped me was more dour than I am, and I wasn't sure if this was possible. thankful I don't have to renew my driver license much, just every four years. it saves me from having to find a place that is open on Saturday morning as I prefer staying at home for as long as I can on that day. this gives me more time to make it to the high school hockey tournament, among other things like errand running.
   tonight I went to another meetup event, the same venue as last month, for the Brazilian music. at first when I sat down I was next to a lady who had a nametag saying 'nutcase'. not sure why, though it wasn't a stage name as I had wondered. there was also a middle aged couple from Stillwater and Hudson that knew the performers, though I spoke with the lady more. seeing the event coordinator from before was nice, the postal service employee. he sent me a facebook friend request and I accepted it. a few others looked familiar from before. I had just one beer, which is typical. I was considering another one but when I asked about 'flight' drinks I found one employee to be condescending. so all the more reason not to especially when I didn't have much left, and wanted toavoid going to the ATM.
  I keep saying 'pliers', referring to an episode of 'newhart' where there was rival gangs. it was the hooligans and ruffians, and one of them was nicknamed 'pliers'. they had matching zip-up hoodies. I am trying to think of how it ended, unless that was the one where it was an arm-wrestle and bob's character said 'it is liza minnelli' as a distraction to win it. I know this is a reference to a recent purchase of some pliers.

No comments:

Post a Comment