Tuesday, March 22, 2016

old fashion candy company

after having my evening meal, a t.v. dinner, I took a long walk around the neighborhood. it didn't take all that long for the trash bag to be filled, not sure why. but it was many of the typical things I found. a few things didn't fit inside the bag but I still picked them up, like two hubcaps, one full and the other partial. and there was two flattened windshield washer containers. it was a nice haul in terms of finding pull tabs from soft drink and beer cans, 10 in all. and I found two pennies at a car wash. the final thing I picked up was a flattened box that said 'old fashion candy company' on it. these were fund raising candy bars, hadn't heard of them before. I, like most people, happen to be more familiar with world's finest. I took a picture of the box and then put it in the trash bin at the super-America.
   before I ventured out I did go through my mail and it meant some items were put in the shred pile. and now all of the membership renewals are in one envelope, easier to find. after I got back I decided to go through my camera's memory card and see if I could shave some photos off. I was running out of space, down to one, so I needed to take the time with it. now I am up to 64, so I won't need to do that again for a little while. some should have been deleted much earlier as they were blurry.
   at the office we are getting ready for VIPs arriving this week. I decided to ask my 'work spouse' where I could find the glass cleaner in order to clean up my desktop as there were some finger prints on it and sometimes water just isn't good enough to take them off. this morning I called met life about a denied dental claim, found out it is on the provider to send them the information that is needed. well my provider is closed on Tuesday so calling them will have to wait. it was odd to get an automated call later in the day that was a survey from met life. I eventually hung up as it wasn't possible to enter the necessary (and correct) answer to one of the questions. sending the survey by email makes more sense to me anyway!
   I was interested in the result of the exhibition game in cuba as part of president Obama's visit. the tampa bay rays beat the Cuban national team, 4-1 if I am not mistaken. I did see the set that Arizona Chicago did on conan O'Brien, I spoke of not having cable on facebook and somebody uploaded it there. it was about five minutes. I had heard some of the jokes before on her previous visits to the twin cities but I still laughed. I like the intelligent humor, it is why she was added to my 'ring of honor'.

No comments:

Post a Comment