Wednesday, March 2, 2016

that 70's show

at the office today somebody spoke of 'that 70's show'. I mainly recalled their mention that one character name was an acronym, 'fez' (phonetically) stood for 'foreign exchange student'. I said I got bored with the show as it seemed to be too much about kelso and Jackie breaking up and getting back together. so what if kelso, played by ashton Kutcher, is from iowa like I am.
   I see many things in my news feed about Donald trump running for president, and it prompted me to do more research about mr. trump. as expected, there were some things to be learned from it. one thing is how he has a star on the Hollywood walk of fame, due to his TV work. i haven't seen his show 'the apprentice' though. I know he has been a big thing since the 80's, I recalled that. he was even in one of the history books I read, as he seemed to be a flag bearer for the excess of the decade. I even saw somebody playing a board game with his name on it outside a museum.  what helped was also checking e-bay listings, like from owning a pro football team, the new jersey generals of the now-defunct USFL. a media guide or program mentioned his dad, fred, was also in real estate development. so this helped with knowing where to search online, like Wikipedia.
   it went well performing at the comedy venue tonight, some were about caucus night and another was about an email that the poli-sci guy reacted to from h.r. about career opportunities. it was a busy day for doing letters at the office, i did 24.

No comments:

Post a Comment