Sunday, March 20, 2016

love the coopers movie

I rented a redbox movie today, with a free night due to my birthday this month. I watched 'love the coopers', a Christmas movie about a dysfunctional family. I didn't know all of the actors but I liked John Goodman in it, as the patriarch. I found the Eleanor character to be annoying as she was mouthy. I said the narrator voice was familiar, and it was Steve Martin, as the voice of the dog. no doubt I liked this one better than 'four christmases', a movie I wanted to walk out of when it was at theaters but I didn't. I still have another free night to use, as I had reached 10 rentals.
   it went well performing this afternoon, and it was great seeing the D.C. native, at the donut party. I did ones about the birthday offers from different loyalty programs, and international falls asked me which one is best and I said I use super-America the most as I need food and fuel and they have both. another was about a panhandler I had just seen on the way there, and it can be entertaining to see what is written on their cardboard signs.
    after performing I said I was going home to rest and to watch 'the simpsons', though that show wasn't on tonight on fox. so I got out my season 8 DVDs and watched two from that season, two of my favorite episodes. it would be the one where flanders goes to the nuthouse- hurricane neddy, and the one with frank grimes, homer's enemy. I also watched a DVD I had just bought at barnes and noble over the weekend, a memorial to robin Williams, produced by PBS. it was just 60 minutes, so mostly career highlights and interviews, but I am thankful to have it. he is in my favorite movie, 'good will hunting', his Oscar win. when 'good morning vietnam' was covered I was reminded of early attempts at joke telling. I started off in speech class in high school with a speech called 'good morning arizona' and people loved it.


No comments:

Post a Comment