Thursday, March 10, 2016

can't help, I'm eating

can't help you, I am eating. it was what I said to a lady who claimed she needed help at a dairy queen tonight. I knew what was coming as I wasn't the first she had talked to. eventually she caught the attention of an employee, who apologized to us for it. I said I work in downtown st. paul and recall seeing a manager at a subway saying to a panhandler how one must be eating there if you're in the establishment. looked like she was still around when I said this, but went out the door shortly thereafter. it does remind me of what I have observed before, going from a small town to metro areas, how I have noticed 'the haves and have-nots' every so often. ice cream was good, a two for one blizzard coupon and the one this month is grasshopper. I chose banana split as the other. I used another birthday coupon tonight at a Chicago hot dog place for half off a small Canadian bacon pizza. I needed to take some of it home as well. after pizza I went downtown for an interview at a micro-brewery that lasted about 45 minutes. great seeing both of my bus friends, the morning one and evening one. the evening one spoke of being a vacation replacement for a colleague in a law office. political science guy made a saddam Hussein joke when I spoke of a pocket veto, in terms of showing a vacation replacement how to do the letters.
  I tried to watch anna Kendrick being interviewed on Colbert but fell asleep. eventually I knew I had to get up and do things like chores. first that meant taking out the trash, then packing a bag. it doesn't take that long one gets started, but the tough thing at times is rising up out of the comfortable easy chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment