Saturday, March 19, 2016

star wars episode 7 movie

I finally saw the latest 'star wars' movie at the Eagan theater this afternoon. I knew it was nearing the end of its run at theaters as it had just two showings a day, I went to the first one. I know some had said it had too much in common with the first one in the series, episode 4, but I didn't mind. my favorites are still Chewbacca and the droids. now some things make more sense to me, like seeing a droid rolling around on a ball base like what was depicted on a box of cereal. like many of the other previous movies in the series, I liked it when it made me laugh. and of course it was helpful to have Harrison ford, carrie fisher, and mark Hamill back for this one. for me the ending of the movie wasn't the only suspense for me. it was also if I could make it through without a bathroom break! I knew I was in distress for a little while, moving around in my seat. thankfully I managed to last through the movie, but once the credits started rolling I was gone, on my way down the hall to the bathroom. it didn't take long to finish up, and I was back in the theater before the credits were finished. I needed to go claim my coat anyway. this is why I normally do not get drinks at the theater. but this time I got one as I had a free popcorn waiting for me on my loyalty card due to my birthday. I was surprised about how big the smallest drink was, I got Hi-C fruit punch.
    after the movie I went across the road to the Walgreen and got toilet paper, two sponges, and an ice cream sandwich. then it was home and having dinner at taco bell. I was careless with my drink before I got started eating and spilled it. so most of it ended up on the floor. I said right away how I needed help, and said I was a janitor in college and would have been fine with mopping it up myself. I did use napkins to sop up what was on the table top. all it took was my hand tipping it over. thankfully I don't do this very often, but I still felt bad about it. although it is also proof of how I have grown as a person and just calmly asked for help and avoided berating myself. there are worse things than spilled drinks. before the movie I went to the mall in Maplewood and got two DVDs at the barnes and noble. I went there to see if they had mylar protectors for coin collecting, they did not. so I looked at the music and movies section, and got a documentary about the film career of robin Williams. the other was a collection of documentaries about Abraham Lincoln, including the bio-pic from 1930 that I had one VHS. so it looks like I can replace another VHS tape. after taco bell eventually I went to the comedy club and saw baby puppet perform, she isn't in town that often. blake was MC. I did get a souvenir postcard from baby puppet, and it will eventually go into my comedy binder.

No comments:

Post a Comment