Sunday, March 13, 2016

randhurst and woodfield

I started this morning at my hotel room in elk grove village. this was my final day in suburban Chicago. I had continental breakfast and checked out of my hotel, just before the 11am deadline. then it was off to mount prospect, near randhurst, as I made an appointment for massage therapy at heavenly massage. I liked doing this when I lived in the area, but this location wasn't open then so I had to go to others, as I recall Morton grove. I liked doing the steam shower after it. since I was near randhurst I wanted to get a look at the place. it looks like it has changed a lot since I moved, but I also knew the mall had lost two anchor stores- Montgomery ward and jc penney- when I was still living there. now it looks like the 'anchor store' may be a hotel, as it does seem to be right in the middle of the property. but I know this happens in other shopping areas, having a hotel nearby. I got a picture of the randhurst welcome sign which has some of the stores listed. I thought about going to eat at the nearby chick-fil-a but it looked like it was deserted. I told myself they were probably closed since it is sunday. so I went on to Schaumburg and got a picture of the welcome sign at woodfield mall. then it was down martingale road to my former workplace, in the woodfield corporate center. looks like there are some occupants in the building now. time was running short so I went on to the des plaines psot office on oakton and dropped a postcard to myself in the box there. the final stop before the car rental office was to a gas station to fill it up, and then get a sandwich. except the flight was delayed again on American airlines, and I made it back home around 7:30pm. the flight touched down at MSP over an hour late, a longer one than on Friday. I didn't do much when I got back, good thing I had some food waiting for me at home. I had a diary queen blizzard and some chris and rob's pizza. unpacking didn't take long, as a big part of it is dirty clothes. I got the spare change into my change bank right away. it was 64 cents from the weekend, 4 dimes 1 nickel 19 pennies. there was some quarters as well, but I use quarters more. it was nice to see Worthington while waiting to go through security at O'Hare, he said he just had a gig in Dayton, ohio. I made it to the grocery store, really had no choice in that one if I wanted soup for lunch at the office and oatmeal in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment