Monday, March 14, 2016

last one at laundromat

I am still getting caught up on chores and errand running from being out of town this weekend. but I still like thinking about how much I enjoyed being in Chicagoland. tonight this meant going to the laundromat after saying hi to people at the comedy club. I arrived just after 8:30pm, and left just after 10pm. I saw the TV shut off and the lights as well. I said 'as long as they let me out'. but by then I didn't have much left. it was mostly getting my socks into a pillow case for the journey back home. another notable thing from this visit was finding 12 cents, a dime and 2 pennies. nothing unusual there, as I usually do find something. but two of the coins I had to fish out with a stick as they were out of reach between rows of machines. I liked the challenge, being able to find what is hard to find. one of those was a penny that I couldn't reach before, not sure why I could this time as it looked like it was in the same spot I left it in. did I just try harder this time? either way, all of it went into my change bank. I hated having to throw out three pairs of socks, but there were holes in them. not sure if it means replacing another pair of shoes, as I have already done this, the ones I use in winter to get me to the bus stop. they also save on wear and tear on the ones I wear at the office.
  at work it was the typical high-volume Monday on the payoff report. but I caught a break on there being no new titles, so I wasn't pinched for time on the letters. my boss did do some letters when I was out of the office on Friday. I had some BBQ chips and corn chips from the vending machine, instead of the soup I normally have. so I am just keeping the soup at the office for the next day. I just wanted to keep going, and this has happened before on a Monday.
   odd how I speak the truth at the comedy club and people call it a 'burn'. this happened tonight. I spoke to blind side about seeing part of the movie 'blind side' over the weekend, and somebody else said he liked Sandra bullock in another movie, 'forrest gump'. I think note page said this. I said she wasn't in it, and this was the burn apparently. was he just trying too hard? I tend to be funnier when I am not trying too hard.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment