Sunday, March 6, 2016

dead mouse found

I was moving things around in a closet and was a little scared when I saw a mouse. but then I noticed it wasn't moving, as it was dead. so I got out the broom and dustpan and got it in the trash can. I like how there are simple solutions out there. there may be some joke material in it, hard to say what.
   I performed at 2 shows today, the first was the donut show and the fancy comic arrived near the end. then at the second I saw him doing a TV commercial when I was onstage. it was hard to ignore so I did say something about it during my set, and it caused people to turn around. I did plenty of newer jokes inspired by recent events like going to the high school hockey tournament. but sometimes other things will spill out when I am in the moment. I did the one about being asked to do a joke when I was at the caucuses on Tuesday. or who I saw on the bus a week ago, probably drunk and said all negative things about the local sports teams.
  it was a fairly lazy day for me for a while, some of it meant watching videos on youtube. so much available there. naturally I did the dishes and recycle as well.
   I called Dad after I got back from the second show, and he was watching the news and spoke of a high speed chase that was on the 10pm news in des moines. I said I did get the birthday card and gift card. so far it is just one of two cards that I have received.

No comments:

Post a Comment