Monday, March 21, 2016

chucking oranges

at my office job today my boss made a joke about chucking oranges if he was needed. we tend to not need much supervision to get our work done, so when asked we said we were fine with having no one check in with us. sometimes another manager does, the 'I am here if you need me' greeting. it was a high volume for the payoff report, but I still got letters printed and some were sent out before the end of the day.
   at the comedy club tonight, I did get stage time, first time at this venue in a while. I was 5th on this lineup. I did ones about birthday offers from various loyalty programs, a roach I killed at work, an annoying colleague, a taco bell visit, and a recent internet date. it went well. I started off with a reference to the price is right. I saw some things on facebook about Arizona Chicago being on the conan O'Brien show.
   after the show I was stuck in traffic for a while due to construction. so I got off at the first available exit and got gas at a super-America. then I decided to re-route to get home. I hate seeing things at a standstill, especially when my car is meant to perform.
   other notables of the day was seeing a challenge while walking through the skyway this morning. I saw a drinking cup from a convenience store on a shelf, hard to reach, but I was able to jump up enough to move it closer and then bring it down. I like a challenge like this every so often. I also liked seeing a bus friend in the evening. when I spoke of performing eventually she spoke of Malcolm Gladwell, the book writer that had been on 60 minutes and wrote about underdogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment