Tuesday, March 1, 2016

my third caucus night

I went to the Minnesota caucuses tonight. it was my third time at a caucus, the others were 1992 (Iowa) and 2008 (also Minnesota). I liked how I was able to get there a little early and cast my vote and leave for the comedy club. good thing I did as it looks like the lot was full as I was leaving. there was a bottle neck at the front door when I was leaving as people were still arriving. it was at a middle school and in a home-ec room. when I spoke of doing comedy as I was signing in, I was asked to tell a joke. I did think of one I hadn't done yet, about how it looks like one of my exes now works in the same office as me. I did tell it at the club tonight, along with some others inspired by recent events like the caucuses tonight. I followed the fancy comic, and mason city said he wanted to see the juxtaposition of having me follow the fancy comic. I said 'I have to follow that' but it didn't bother me any. I once had to follow the Wisconsin lady as well, just as well known. I was once in awe of both, but now I am not as I think of both as just comics that I work with. school bouncer was MC, and conga line was show closer.
  I did a flex schedule so I could get my car out of the shop, in Roseville. when I called near midday I was told the car was starting fine, so it seemed to be making a liar out of me. I was given some ideas about what to do when or if it happens again, especially related to the key and the gear shift.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment