Thursday, March 31, 2016

lunch and learn pizza

I went to a lunch and learn once I was finished with the payoff report, but it meant I missed more than half of it. one big incentive was having savoy pizza there, but I likely would have eaten any pizza they had served. there was some left even when I arrived, but I am used to them over-ordering as they don't want anyone complaining about the lack of food at company events. there were some questions about non-profits we support that audience members were asking the moderator. I was there for about 15 minutes and it was done about five minutes before 1pm. I also liked finding a few coins under the vending machines, as said before I like the challenge and it is also the janitor mentality in me on still being fine with cleaning up. one was a quarter so I went to my tag team partner and asked if she was still bummed about getting a Canadian quarter as change, not sure where. I said I can make a trade possible but she said she was fine. she knew it wasn't possible to use them in the vending machines as it would jam. I recall this warning on postage stamp machines when I was young at the post office. I picked up another quarter when I was on a long walk around the neighborhood this evening. I didn't pick up much of anything as it was wet. I did like getting a coat hanger that was left outside the front door of a dry cleaner. I did take off the paper covering it of course. nothing wrong with having another hanger.
   I did watch two 'big bang theory' episodes tonight. syndicated rerun was when Sheldon cleaned up howard's closet and found a letter that howard had never opened from his dad. prime time episode was when leonard and howard lied to their ladies about where they had went, it was to an advance screening of a movie. Sheldon revealed to amy about having a storage locker.
   it was also fun to rev up the paper shredder I had just bought on Monday for the first time. I grumbled about having to replace the one I had but sometimes it is good to do an upgrade. this one shreds paper into bits instead of just strips or strands. there is also a bucket, and I didn't have one before. but this also means needing a plastic bag to pick it all up when I am tossing it in the trash. it also is not as wide, but I will adapt. it means folding things over when feeding into the shredder or ripping them into smaller portions first.

No comments:

Post a Comment