Tuesday, March 29, 2016

minnesota senate office building

I went to the Minnesota capitol to meet who represents me today. it was my first visit at the new senate office building. it looks great. I got plenty of photos while on the capitol grounds, including of this building. I found a satellite library there, and because of it I was informed how the main one is at the state office building. the capitol building is closed to the public for construction but all of the other buildings appear to be open. it was nice eating at the cafeteria in the transportation building, much like in previous annual visits. not sure of I had seen the food trucks there before.
   I did a walk around the neighborhood in the evening, shorter than some others I normally do. it was helpful for clearing my mind, and it reminded me how I have staples again and could get more coins into albums as I staple the mylar covers on. it means both albums are essentially full now, 60 slots each. actually one is full and the other has one slot left. tonight it meant getting the bicentennial quarters and 2009 territory quarters in there. I have the map for the 50 states from 1999-2008, made before they decided to do ones of the territories. and I have a map of the current series, the national parks. I think I have all from the currently released series so far. I try to pay attention when I get them as change, though a few were ordered from e-bay. I got more of the british coins I kept as souvenirs from the 2012 trip in there. the coins I don't plan on using again belong there, as it is less likely they will get lost, or spent. I do have a little saved for my next visit to Canada, but in the USA it is to be expected that one might see a Canadian coin every so often. I still have many kept in a candy tin, it serves the purpose well.

No comments:

Post a Comment