Thursday, April 27, 2017

about last night movie-1986

there was two movies I had on loan from the library, and I got the second watched tonight after my walk around the neighborhood. it was 'about last night', the one from 1986 with a Chicago setting and starring Rob Lowe, Demi Moore, Jim Belushi, and Elizabeth Perkins. as usual, I learned something from it. the opening credits said it was based on 'sexual perversion in chicago', found out this was a play. according to Wikipedia, the play went back to 1974. I had seen at least some of this movie before, but not sure if I had seen all of it. I just recall when it was new, saying 'I noticed how movies in that city usually have a setting on the cubs side of chicago'. I correctly predicted one scene in it, when he goes out to argue with his lady and gets locked out of his apartment. the movie does take an honest look at relationships, so I liked it. like many other belushi roles I have seen, he plays a pervert. I know I have seen the later version, from 2014, still have the poster on my wall. the poster was given out at the comedy club as it was part of the promotion of advance screenings.
    I watched two 'big bang theory' episodes tonight. syndicated rerun was when howard returned from space and nobody seemed to care all that much. prime time episode was when Sheldon tried to learn how to use a unicycle and howard found Bernadette's ventriloquist dummy. then I took a walk around the neighborhood, after looking at some mail. and noticing some of my member cards needed to be added to my wallet, since I had renewed the memberships and I wanted current ones in there. it was a nice yield on finding coins, but less of it was found at the car wash this time. it was 24 cents, a dime a nickel and 9 pennies. the nickel and dime wasn't found there.
   I also had a craving for some spam, so I went to the grocery store and got a single serving. along with some string cheese, and a small bag of chips. pleased to find some microwave popcorn in the discount bin, so I bought it as well.
   at the office, there was a donut fundraiser in the morning. I did not buy any, it was a dollar apiece, but some colleagues did and offered some to me. I had two, the first was offered just minutes after I had stamped in. I had passed over the part about how they weren't free.
  on facebook I finally did the posting that many others did, a top ten and one is a lie. it was about music acts I had seen in concert. it was more fun than I expected, as I got comments about it. usually I just get likes. it took a while to see some of those acts, but thankful I got to see them. some I have seen twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment