Sunday, April 23, 2017

allegheny uprising movie

I watched a movie on loan from the library this morning, 'Allegheny uprising', starring john wayne. it was from 1939 apparently, just after his breakthrough role in 'stagecoach'. this one was about an event that was before the American revolution, and john wayne played the leader of the insurrection. or some people would call it 'uprising', since that word is in the title. I know it wasn't in any of the history books I had read, but I have said this before. there was a spirited lady in the movie as well.
   I went to another college baseball game this afternoon, it was the Minnesota gopher game vs. Nebraska. gophers lost 9-4, and never led during this game. ground rule double scored the first run, and another was scored on a double play when Nebraska went up 3-0 in the third. Minnesota did narrow the gap to 5-4 at one point, aided by two home runs. I got in free as I was waiting in line for a ticket and a man offered me one of his. I looked at it and it said general admission, and said 'works for me'. I had a soft pretzel there, but in the future that isn't likely as I didn't like the bitter salt on it. I just didn't want a hot dog two straight days.
   I made it to the performance venue tonight. I spoke of being rejected by a meetup group, going to see college baseball games, a sister fight, and a lady at karaoke night. I did stop for gas on the way home, saw how much was left and said I am not a gambler.

No comments:

Post a Comment