Saturday, April 15, 2017

say anything movie

I got two movies on loan from the library this afternoon, and I watched one of them already. it was 'say anything'. I have been reading a book about karaoke and one chapter had a list of songs for different occasions, for lack of a better term. one list was 80's teen movies, and mentioned 'in your eyes' by peter Gabriel, which was in this movie. it was the song played in the scene when the john cusack character was serenading his lady. there are various things about this movie that left a lasting impression. some of those were found in the closing credits, like the music being used in it. some of the songs were from seattle bands, since this was the setting of the story. and I recognized the band names as being part of the 'grunge movement' of the 90's, which happened just a few years later. this included mother love bone, a forerunner of pearl jam. and soundgarden as well. of course some others were the actors in it, such as john mahoney playing a father in it. then having bebe neuwirth in it, a reminder of 'cheers', and its spinoff, 'frasier'. the cars were another thing, as john cusack drove a chevy Malibu from the 1970s in it. and how he tried to teach his lady how to drive a stick shift, a compact ford car. and I saw some familiar names behind the scenes as well, such as Cameron crowe and james l. brooks. since I know jim brooks doing the TV show 'the simpsons'. it reminded me of a john hughes movie, except it wasn't one. some things in it were relatable, on how people handle relationships. like when he sees his friends in a gas station parking lot. but he found out they weren't the best people for advice about relationships. I had to learn this as well, being careful about who my advisors are that is. sometimes it means knowing what to do without needing to contact one.
   this was like many other Saturdays, as there was errand running to do. I went to get a breakfast sandwich at a holiday gas station, instead of the typical visit to McDonald's, as I needed to get to an ATM anyway. then it was on to my P.O. box, and some orders were waiting there. then on to the library to print things, where I got the two movies. I picked up a sandwich for my midday meal at a super-America, but I was tired by the time I got home. I knew it was a good idea to rest before trying to see the movie, so I fell asleep and watched the movie after I woke up. it was early evening by then, and I went over to the bobby and steve's in Minneapolis and got a little godfather's pizza there. I was on my way to see a movie at the MSP film-fest, it was 'all governments lie', a documentary about investigative reporting. I got another postcard there advertising the festival, I like the art on it and I like collecting postcards. I may see another movie later on in this festival. I like the view when I leave the theater, as I see across the river to the Minneapolis skyline. after I got home I watched the news, and Worthington was in it helping promote a benefit event at a local comedy club. I went to the grocery store after the news was done, knowing how important it was this time to get there before midnight as they are closed on easter sunday. before the movie I did reach my credit card company on a disputed charge from car rental in Chicago, and they are adjusting the amount as I was overcharged by nearly 18 dollars.

No comments:

Post a Comment