Wednesday, April 26, 2017

stroh's beer sign

tonight at the performance venue I saw a stroh's beer sign. hadn't noticed it before, though I had been to this venue many times before. it said 'welcome aboard beer lovers'. it does remind me of seeing plenty of TV ads for stroh's beer in the 1980s. it often said 'stroh's is spoken here'. and in a box of buttons I bought at an auction house, I found a button with this slogan. they even had a dog for a mascot, called alex. and of course in the tone loc song 'funky cold medina' they reference this dog, as well as spuds Mackenzie. I did ones about a meetup group, pretzel at a baseball game, a sister fight at the office, do you want a friend?, and garage door opener.
   it was a busy day at the office, being the first day of the week. it was more than 200 cases closed on the payoff report. my cohort decided not to do any of the new titles, and I was in accord with that. they can be moved back a day. I did do some contracts though. and I let our I.T. man that after looking at the st. paul saints schedule I think I would like to visit texas in july. I like seeing saints games enough that I like choosing them by nightly themes. but of course I would still need to figure out how many days, probably four or five. and what airport to fly into.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment