Sunday, April 2, 2017

duets movie

I watched a DVD movie around midday, 'duets' about karaoke competitions, starring Gwyneth Paltrow. she was directed by her late dad, bruce, in this movie. musician huey lewis is in it, as well as paul giamatti. each character seemed to have some kind of sad story to tell in it, in some ways explaining their hopes to find redemption through winning the prize money. in some ways it is a 'road movie', and I tend to like those kinds of movies. since I do karaoke it meant something to see it, and it was recommended to me by my 'cohort'. though I will admit that the ending left me perplexed and in many ways unsatisfied. I haven't heard of karaoke competitions like what was depicted in this movie, at least in this area. I still have a backlog of DVD movies to watch, one was bought from amazon much like this on and the other I found at a target.
    I made it to the performance venue this afternoon, it was the final 'donut party'. the show runner, international falls, said the bar owner canceled all sunday events. I was show closer, which was nice that she gave me this particular slot. it meant I got to do a final 'traffic report'. I went to a Walmart after it and got another photo album. I did some more re-arranging of the postcards, so now one photo album had world's fair postcards in it instead of photos. I wanted one that held a similar number of photos as the first one, and a comparable size as well. I did watch 'the simpsons' and 'making history' tonight. the former was about a for-profit university, and the latter was about going back to Chicago in 1919, the year of the black sox scandal.

No comments:

Post a Comment