Sunday, April 30, 2017

cezanne and me movie

saw another French bio-pic tonight. it was 'cezanne and me', at the lagoon in Minneapolis. it was about the friendship between writer emile zola and painter paul cezanne. I was more moved by this one than the one on Friday, since it was about artists. like how cezanne said he was a 'lifer' when it comes to painting. and zola saying one of his books was a metaphor, and I like to write and use metaphor. there was also what a man said about artists, how they 'live an entire life for one minute of applause'. as usual, I recall enough French from studying four years of it in high school that some of the dialogue was not literally translated.
   it was a typical weekend day, filled with chores and errand running. besides going to the post office box to pick up some orders, there were other things to do. there was printing things at the library, and making a visit to the barnes and noble book shop on nicollet mall in Minneapolis as the paper said today was the last day it would be open. I bought two postcards and a baseball book, things were half-off. I saw it as a photo-op as well, got plenty of pictures inside and outside the store.
   some other things I wanted to do included checking out a store called Tuesday morning that I had heard of and is near me but for whatever reason hadn't been to. it appears to be a general merchandise store, and I didn't need much of what they were selling so I left without making a purchase. and I checked on tickets for a play that is closing in less than a month, found out most shows still have some tickets left. so this pleases me, as I should be able to wait a little longer on getting a ticket. and after the movie it meant going to the grocery store, which I did after watching 'life to the max', on after the 10pm news on WCCO, as there was a feature about the st. paul saints baseball team. so much like many other recent grocery visits, I made it just before closing time. but it doesn't take me long to make it through as I know what I need, as I am just buying for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment