Sunday, April 30, 2017

i think we're alone now, tiffany

I was driving to the performance venue tonight and an oldies radio station was doing 1987 songs. what caught my attention was 'I think we're alone now', by tiffany. I was aware of this being a remake of a tommy james song, of course they now say 'cover' instead of remake. tommy james music was what dad played to wake me up for breakfast and church on sunday. mention was made by the DJ of another tommy james remake doing well, 'mony mony' by billy idol.
   I got a lot done today, but it meant staying in for a while. it all started due to wanting to find out what books by bill Bryson I already had. since I just placed an amazon order this weekend for another book by this author. I have two, but not the one I just ordered, 'a short history if nearly everything'. I did my best to group books by the same author, such as the ones by Michael moore, and the 'chicken soup' series. it also meant filling a box I had claimed a few weeks ago. since there were plenty of books on top of one bookcase. I also got business cards and comedy souvenirs into binders. and I found a gas and car wash discount card I was given by the dealer I bought my car from. I used it right away as I needed gas this afternoon. it is a good deal, with holiday stations. it gives a 10-cent discount per gallon when the card is swiped. the discount is smaller with the super-America loyalty program, just 3 cents.
   the ones I did at the performance venue include you're late for lunch, taking one for the team, French weekend, and saying no to a match from internet dating. also about common courtesy, or lack thereof.

No comments:

Post a Comment