Friday, April 28, 2017

madame curie movie

I went to another movie at the MSP film-fest. this one was a bio-pic about scientist madame (or marie) curie. the screening was at metro state university in st. paul, hadn't been there much before. as a stodgy academic I do tend to be comfortable at a university. there were some funny lines in it, snappy comebacks to the sexism she was dealing with. one scene was mostly in English, early in the movie, but subtitles were up anyway. I recognized them as the british form is English, especially seeing words like 'rubbish' and 'mum'. like many other bio-pics I have seen, it seemed to give a warning: being famous isn't easy. it mainly covered the height of her fame, many bio-pics are like this. parking was in a ramp nearby, and it was nice how it was cheaper than what I paid bear st, Anthony main heater in Minneapolis last year. I ordered an advance ticket, a good idea as I don't need to wait in line for a ticket.
   after it I went to see a burlesque show. some acts were new, some were not. it was nice to see moonshine matinee do a musical number to 'SOB' by Nathaniel rateliff. it was a good night for joke writing, so much I saw when out and about. it is not too often where I am inspired to write as many jokes as I did tonight, but we can't ignore who we are and I want to be able to write down something.

No comments:

Post a Comment