Wednesday, April 5, 2017

cloverhill bear claw danish

I went into the main breakroom at my office for lunch and saw a bear claw Danish. this is not typical. but after seeing a few others not claim it, I did. I took it home and it was my snack in the evening, after 30 seconds in the microwave oven. it is made by cloverhill, and cherry cheese flavored. the package said this bakery is based in Chicago. it tasted fine, though usually I am not buying these. I have cut way back on what I buy from the vending machines.
   I learned a valuable lesson from last week at the performance venue, and put it to good use. I showed up more than 30 minutes earlier to get signed up for stage time, and I did go on this week. I did ones about a fish fry, performing at the office, a children's book, are you a cop?, and what a fellow comic said to me. another was about calling myself a 'stodgy academic' in response to another performer, a lady rapper, seeing me in the crowd and must have noticed I wasn't animated during her first song. I made a reference to going to an Eminem concert at MSG in 2005 and how I didn't know the music of the opening acts- little john and 50 cent- that well.
   I was pleased with the finds I still make while out and about. I picked up some show announcement cards near the venue, bit outside, as they are good souvenirs. they will eventually end up in the binder, since I like the art on them and it is a good way of documenting my performing career. I also found two coins, one was a penny. it went into my change bank. the other was a Canadian quarter, and it will go into a plastic bag that is part of my Winnipeg fund as I want to visit that city this summer. it took a while, but I am finally over the ten-dollar mark due to finding the quarter. all about paying attention in terms of the finds that I make.

No comments:

Post a Comment