Wednesday, April 12, 2017

popcorn, then karaoke

I knew there was a chance that my normal open-mic would be canceled tonight due to the Minnesota wild hockey playoff game. and it was, as there was a screen on the stage showing the game. so I walked over to a place selling popcorn and got a small box. then it was back to my car and over to a karaoke bar. I have read 4 chapters in a book about karaoke that I acquired this week. and I knew it was a good idea when wanting to fill a gap in my typical schedule of stage time each week. so I went to a place where the button often goes to, and I have performed at as well, though she wasn't there tonight. it didn't take long to get my first song in, it was 'don't mean nothing' by Richard marx. I still had most of my beer with me that early. the other was 'control' by janet Jackson. the former seems appropriate to what I deal with in performing, and I know I had written about the song back in 2015 apparently when searching the site. the latter also works well for me, as I respond well to 'my life' songs like that one. it was a replacement song as I was told that somebody had already done the billy joel song I wanted to do earlier in the night. no big deal, as I have plenty of songs I still want to perform. besides beer, I also used the quarter candy vending machine as it had m and m's, but also hot tamales. both are known as movie candy.
   before I ventured out I did watch two 'three's company' reruns. at work, when I had the time I researched various ideas for performing coming up as well as traveling. hard to believe how some of my summer is already filling up. this included looking up information about an easter brunch at a Hy-Vee grocery store, as well as selecting a movie or two to see at the upcoming MSP film-fest.

No comments:

Post a Comment