Thursday, April 13, 2017

great lakes fish study

there was an envelope in the mail tonight that said it was a 'great lakes fish study'. I finally looked at it well after getting back from a CD recording at a micro-brewery in Minneapolis. it is a survey, and a $2 bill was clipped to it as a 'thank you' for completing it. so the incentive works for me. at some point soon I will likely complete this survey. it is from the state of Wisconsin, department of health services. there is mention of an even bigger incentive if selected to complete a phone interview.
   normally this is a night off from the clubs, but I like attending CD recordings. it was crowded there though, and I was standing for the entire show. happy meal was the headliner, and he did do this joke. He has recorded before, and I have his CD of crowd work. Worthington was MC, and he did do a set. but he said he wanted someone else to introduce the headliner formally for the sake of the CD as his voice meant that he sounded ill. so he got the club owner, who was another opening act, to do it.  I picked up a card that advertised a later show at this venue, in just over a week. hopefully I will get to see the first member of the 'ring of honor' there as he is scheduled to perform, and since he now lives out of state I don't see him much. once the crowd cleared out after the show, I saw more people that I knew. and I was able to find a chair to sit in. I wanted ice cream after the show, but it was after 10pm by then and I knew some options- such as soft serve- would be harder to find. so I got an ice cream sandwich at super-America. happy meal has a joke about that place as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment