Tuesday, July 4, 2017

billy the kid, showdown in lincoln county movie

I watched a redbox rental movie around midday, 'billy the kid, showdown in Lincoln county'. I had seen mention of it when scrolling through the A to Z list this weekend, and lucked out how I didn't have to go to another kiosk to find it. at the time, it was not available at the gas station I normally go to. I did not know any of the actors in this one, the reviews from redbox users were not good. there were some good lines in it, like from the half-owner of a saloon, a one-eyed woman. I know I had seen some other billy the kid movies before, definitely 'young guns'. and I know there was one that jane Russell was in, that I found on VHS, called 'the outlaw'. in that one it claimed the billy the kid knew doc holliday. in this one, 'showdown', I knew some parts were fictionalized. there was a woman that said she wanted to be a bounty hunter, and her name was patricia. in the closing credits it said her name was patricia garrett. and of course it was pat garrett that the history books say killed billy. at times I will admit that the story was hard to follow, wanting to tie together different sub-plots. but I have fewer complaints about rented movies, since they cost way less than seeing it at the theater. I do like a good western. just something about how the characters know they need to have the right thing to say so it doesn't escalate, as a gunfight should be the last resort on solving a dispute.
   I wanted to do more before I went to an event tonight, so I went to central park in Roseville and looked around at a 4th of july festival there. I was there for less than an hour though, and had an ice cream cone at a mcdonald's after it. I parked my car the 'oval arena' nearby, and when walking back to it I saw a fellow comic, the button, in her car. I was walking across the road when somebody honked at me, didn't know why. then I saw it was her, and she called my name as well.
   I really enjoyed the way I celebrated the 4th of july. I went to a movie screening at the saints baseball stadium, 'space jam'. not sure if I had seen all of this movie before. haven't been to a drive-in movie in years, but I know this 'screening of a movie in a park' thing is the rage now. so I liked how I finally did this kind of event. after the movie I walked around the stadium for a while as I was waiting for the fireworks. it seemed to be the same lineup of songs during the fireworks display, compared to the game 2 nights ago, except one was added to it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment