Sunday, July 16, 2017

there she goes, sixpence none the richer

I did some karaoke tonight, one song. it was 'there she goes' by sixpence none the richer. I had read how it was originally done by a british band, the la's. there was disputes as to what the song is about. some think it is about drugs, especially 'racing through my brain, pulsing through my veins' as this sounds like it can be about drugs. but it can also be about love. there were a few other songs I liked by sixpence besides this one, their cover of 'don't dream it's over' by crowded house is one of them. another is 'kiss me', as it was in the movie 'she's all that'. 'there she goes' is a fairly simple song to sing, not many verses in it. I spoke with a couple after my song as they said they liked it. they did some karaoke as well, the lady did 'love you like a love song' by selena Gomez. they were really interested in what I have done in performing, and I gave them a business card. they found the article from December, and my twitter account. I said there were comedy sets on youtube. I also spoke of my failed internet dating venture, though they told me they met online, at ok cupid.
   in the afternoon I went to the library and rewrote my resume as my boss said he could help me with it. then I went to the ramsey county fair in Maplewood. there was a 4-h play, about 25 minutes, called 'lights, camera, action'. first time I had seen their live theater show. it was nice having german chocolate cake flavored ice cream, and a pork chop on a stick. after I was done there, I went to a super-America and I noticed somebody dropped plenty of coins near the entry door. so I picked them up. it was nearly a dollar's worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment