Tuesday, July 25, 2017

poland coins

I went to the bank this morning to make a cash deposit. I checked the chute on the change counter and noticed some coins were in it, 6 in all. 3 were American, two dimes and a nickel, so they were thrown into my change bank. two others were from Poland, and the 6th was Chinese. already had a Chinese coin in my collection, but from 2013 and this one is from 2011. the two from Poland were 10 and 20 groszy, and are from 1993 and 2009. it is nice how I have lucked out on finding foreign coins without having to order a 'grab bag' of them online. but of course this is a big metro area with an international airport, so we are more likely to see some foreign coins here. best place for them is in a mint tin with some other coins. I already have 3 coin albums, either full or close to it. collecting stamps is fun as well. I now notice that the coin collection my aunt made for 4-H, according to my dad, needs some care. I have had it for a while, claimed it out of my grandma's house when I was young after she was sent to a nursing home. she passed later that year.
    at the office I submitted a completed word find, and a word scramble, for entries in a drawing. there was also massage therapy, 10-minute sessions. I went in the afternoon, shortly after I got back from lunch. in the evening I went to the comedy club but did not get a wild card slot. I had a beer, wanted more airline miles since it is on the 'dining for miles' program, and stayed for most of the show. I left before it ended so I could do some karaoke. I knew the button would be there, and I wanted somebody to film me as my st. louis friend wanted to see it. I chose 'real slim shady' by Eminem, hard to keep up with it but I did my best. the second one was 'walking away a winner' by Kathy mattea. I liked the one that I saw the button do, she said it was by Alicia keys. found out it is called 'lesson learned'. I liked the lines about 'it is called the past as I am trying to get past it'. probably not an exact quote of the lyrics, but very close. I spoke of how I was known for having a hard time putting things behind me and moving on, but I am better at it than I was.


No comments:

Post a Comment