Sunday, July 9, 2017

jambon baguette

I went to the bastille day event through the French alliance this afternoon. the food I had there was a jambon baguette, actually ham and brie. I looked around for a little while, and bought 6 books, for a dollar each. five were in a series about French literature. the other one was a textbook about America, made in Quebec, French Canada. I looked through the book about America already, as a history major it meant something to me. I noticed how Donald trump is in it, now the president. the book was published in 1990, the other five were published in 1970 I think. the line was too long at another place serving food, so it made the decision easier. I got some Perrier as well.
   after this event, I went to the super-America to get another drink. while on my way I saw another comic who was waiting for a bus, so we spoke for a while. he will be co-host of an open-mic I have been performing at. before this event I got my laundry done, and a woman asked me if I worked there. she needed help understanding how to operate the machines. after getting a drink I went to the fitness center for the first time in a while, got 5 minutes in on a pedaling machine before 5pm. then I went home and slept for a while. when I woke up I knew I had some things left to do. one of them was the dishes and trash. when I was taking care of the recycle I saw some ominous clouds, thunder on the way. It started raining before I got back inside, but I was no more wet than I had been earlier in the day when I was sweating. another 'first time in a while' thing was logging on to linked-in. I had seen the emails fairly regularly, so it was time to go there again. also applied for some writing jobs through monster. we will find out soon enough what will become of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment