Saturday, July 29, 2017

red herring play

tonight I went to see the play 'red herring', a screwball comedy with McCarthyism America, the early 1950s, as a backdrop. I laughed at some of the pratfalls but not all of them. hadn't been to the round theater in Minneapolis in a while, at least for one of their plays. I think I was there for a fringe show nearly a year ago. but with plays I want to go only to what really interests me, since we all have limited resources- time, money, and energy. this was the last play of the season, and there was plenty about the anniversary- it was their 65th season. but according to the publications there, the current building is not the only one they've been in.
    I did some karaoke after the show, two songs. it was 'don't speak' by no doubt, and 'what's up' by 4 non-blondes. I left shortly after the second song I did. I would have left a little earlier but I heard somebody doing 'alive' by pearl jam so I had to stay for that one.
    I did the 4 hours of overtime, though I arrived at 10 minutes after the hour. there were some things that I wanted to get done before arriving at the office. there was checking the PO box, both amazon orders were there. I also wanted to turn in change at the bank. it was just over 12 dollars, much like most other recent visits for this reason the value of the pennies was more than the nickels. an odd thing happened while I was there- the change counter stopped as one of the bags was full. so I had to wait until an employee arrived with an empty bag. I had seen this happen to others before, but not me. I said the odds were not high when the total value was low. also like before, I deposited it into my savings account. then after the overtime was done I went to get an oil change done, at the car dealer that I bought it from.

No comments:

Post a Comment