Saturday, July 22, 2017

lost in paris movie

this evening I went to see a movie, 'lost in paris', in Edina. it is a French screwball comedy. it was about a Canadian woman that goes to paris to find her aunt. I laughed at some of the pratfalls, but not all of them. I have described myself as clumsy before, but the lead actress in this one is way more clumsy. it was also odd to see her carry around her rucksack everywhere. much of the movie was in English, but I think more of it was still subtitled French. I liked seeing the model for the statue of liberty in this movie. I haven't seen paris yet but this is one thing I would want to see.
   before the movie I wanted to eat, and I went to a nearby Walgreen and got some salami and cheese, and some mineral water. after the movie I got a chicken sandwich at the holiday station. found out the dairy queen across the street has closed. I had been there before while in town for a movie.
   there was plenty to do today, besides check my p.o. box, nothing to pick up. also went to a postcard show in Eagan. I bought 8 postcards, all from the 1933 Chicago world's fair. I got a coin as well, a big british penny from 1967.
   then it was off to orientation for the fringe festival. it was in northeast Minneapolis, in a building that is part of the former grain belt brewery complex. the grain belt shirt I was wearing was purely coincidental. I got my volunteer shirt there, hadn't signed up for shifts yet. but I did when I got to the Roseville library, 3 shifts all on the same day.
   after the movie I went to the grocery store, then the news then karaoke. I did 'the night Chicago died' by paper lace, and 'only the lonely' by roy orbison.


No comments:

Post a Comment