Thursday, July 6, 2017

seed harvest plan

recently I got a mailing from st. matthew's churches in Tulsa, OK, it looked like some that I had been sent before, a prayer rug. earlier today, the only item in my mailbox was from them. it was a book about the biblical seed harvest plan. there was a postage-paid card on the back, the card was pre-checked for sending a harvest plan to make God a financial partner. I flipped through the book and there were some photos that caught my eye, one of them was of mount rushmore. there was also mention of peter minuit buying manhattan island for $24. I did not keep the book, I put it in a bookshelf at my neighborhood grocery store when I went there tonight. normally I go on the weekend, but it has been warm and I drank through all of my orange juice a little early. so I needed more to get through this week. I also bought a small portion of ben and jerry's ice cream. when riding home, I saw who I have called 'mr. bonfe' for the first time in a while.
   I went to the comedy club for a little while and it was great to see so many friends there. one of them was magic man, who said to me again that he liked my set from the previous night. there was also some kid pools there outside. I asked of they were serving as big water dishes for the dogs, as there was another event besides the comedy show at this venue, and was told yes they were. then it was on to perform some karaoke. I did 'i'm just me' by charley pride, and 'cruel summer' by bananarama. at another table, there was a woman there, ready to perform, that said she was from Portland, OR. she did 'if this is it' by huey lewis and the news. also spoke with the harmonica man, and he spoke of living in Arizona for 7 months of the year, and working at a nuke plant. he said he was 'going to go embarrass himself' when he went onstage again. it was a rolling stones song.

No comments:

Post a Comment