Friday, July 14, 2017

edumacion

at the comedy club tonight, small world comic had a sweatshirt on that spoke of the department of edumacion. there was a dinosaur on it, and below it a bear head as I recall. of course it is a joke, as the word is spelled wrong. I had heard the word before. school bouncer was there, he had a pass for the x-games. eventually I moved on to do some karaoke, and it went well. I did 'wagon wheel' by darius rucker, and 'the story' by brandi carlile. there were some people dancing around in front of me for the first one. I would be hard pressed to find a song I enjoyed more from karaoke nights than this one. it helps to see others having a good time. when I did the second I said it made me think of my work spouse, and I would have to say so when back at the office. I was able to do this one with passion as well. it was great seeing the harmonica guy, as I recall he did one by toby keith, about 'since I quit drinking'. I heard 'cocaine blues' by johnny cash again, last time I think was when I was in des moines last month. there was also a dude who said he was from Chicago, and when I spoke of riding the bus with somebody who had lived in the Robert taylor housing project- where Kirby puckett and mr. t. had lived- he said he lived there as well.
   at the office I was busy for most of the day as I was covering for my cohort. the payoff report was a higher volume than my Monday share, and I did just half of the new titles, but this was still over 100.

No comments:

Post a Comment