Friday, July 21, 2017

peru coin

I found a peru coin this morning, 10-cent, from 1998. this is a nation that I don't know much about, just that it is in south America. I also walked past an ATM in the skyway, and near it was a sign that said 'garbage broken, please do not use'. good luck with that, as people still shove things into that slot anyway.
   after work I went to a going-away party for my boss. I probably stayed too long, two hours. I got bored with those who wanted to talk shop, and then some wanted to talk politics as well. but I wanted photos with my boss, and before that the facility czar.
   I liked going to the burlesque show tonight. I had to skip the previous two months, I had a gig, then I was in st. louis. the lead-off was a mashup of the 'andy Griffith show' theme with beyonce's 'single ladies' song. after it was a song from 'rent'. also liked hearing 'fast car' by tracy chapman, and 'creep' by radiohead. final act was the incredible hulk.
   in other issues, it was nice to get a text message from my st. louis friend, who got the letter and the photos. it was a follow-up to the visit I made last month. it would be great to see this friend visit the twin cities, it may be in the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment