Saturday, July 29, 2017

bowl of cherries

  we are still having 'fruit days' at the office on Friday. this time it was cherries. it reminded me of the saying 'life was a bowl of cherries' as they were in metal bowls. except I forgot about the pits that are sometimes still in cherries. so I had two and that was it. there aren't pits in the cherry pies I have eaten. it might have been a mistake to go in there at that time, midday, instead of just go to lunch. this usually means getting a sandwich at erbert gerbert. I say this because I got into another annoying conversation with a know-it-all. and we haven't talked much since my relationship ended nearly 4 years ago. I thought this was a friend, but I was getting a lot of unsolicited advice. this has been hard for me to forget. it changed relationships with some other office colleagues, not just this one.
   we also had a meeting this morning and my boss said there was overtime available on the sale project that we just started. it has been a while since I have done overtime, trying to think of how long ago it was. I said I could make it in on Saturday, though staying late during the week is not something that I am considering at this time. I said it likely would be just 4 hours, based on what was already booked. I like checking my p.o. box on Saturday morning, and an oil change appointment for my car as well.
  in the evening I stayed in as there were things I wanted to get done and this included shredding of the junk mail. also went to the family dollar and got four items- soap, toilet paper, sheet protectors, and more peanut butter cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment