Monday, July 24, 2017

peanut butter and mayo

tonight I performed at the comedy club, and it went well. I would prefer getting more than 3 minutes but this is a coveted stage so that means make it count. I did ones about foul balls at a saints baseball game, family stories (camera, and hair color) and one about another comic. it would have to be called peanut butter, mayo, and hugging. it was about Belarus. people really loved it. I recall another comic saying to me that the joke would kill if I did it there. even a bartender liked it, saying that this comic annoys him. I said 'it is easier and more find the more I do it' to most people. school bouncer said he loved my set, and so did the Wisconsin girl. she liked the one about hair color the most. I was running late so I parked across the street, long enough to get stamped in, and then re-parked my car. the button said she noticed this. when I got home, eventually I found some music on youtube that I said really nails how I feel as a performer. there was 'let it roll' by the Charlie daniels band, and 'breathe' by anna nalick. although I may want to add another one here, 'bird set free' by sia. it is nights like these where it proves that I really enjoy performing and have really grown into it, and now I am truly owning it.
   at work it was a typical Monday, the high volume on the payoff report and new titles filled up most of the day. my boss made an announcement by email stating he was taking the job transfer to florida. I said to my 'work spouse' how I figured this was a 'done deal' a while back, but he just wasn't sure for a while. so many important factors went into his final decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment