Friday, July 7, 2017

malt-o-meal honey nut scooters cereal

I bought a box of cereal tonight, usually I have oatmeal for breakfast. but I was at the holiday gas station in lilydale and thought it was kind of sad that nobody had bought it yet. I had seen the box in the discount bin in some of my recent visits. I got it for a buck-fifty, which was half off. it meant getting some milk as well since I was out of milk. it tasted good, it is sweetened whole grain oat cereal. the panel said it is made by post consumer brands, and based in Lakeville, MN, bot far from here. so far it is no different from many other times I have had cereal. it becomes a snack instead of breakfast food. I picked it up after getting a sandwich at subway.
  this evening I went to a bar in Minneapolis that I knew a friend was working at. she was leaving as I was arriving, so we spoke for only a few minutes. but she did express interest in seeing me perform sometime soon. not sure if she had a blog nickname, but as I recall she is a native of Duluth. I had a drink inside, happened to see her in the patio area. I liked hearing music played, especially 'wake me up when September ends' by green day. also liked seeing something about a cake competition, three cakes and all were inspired by episodes of 'the simpsons'. it was the monorail, homer in space, and when the germans bought the nuke plant. being on a walkway above 35W after it, reminded me of what I had said before. it is nice to be above all of the craziness. it also made me think of last week, where I wondered if this is what I had in mind in terms of big-city life, having grown up in a small town in iowa.
   when I got home I watched a DVD copy of the movie 'up in the air'. since I had been in st. louis recently I was thinking it was time to watch it again. I feel like it holds up well, and it reminds me of finding many of the places where it was filmed in the st. louis area. I saw mr. bonfe both times I rode the bus today, and for the second one I spoke of something my boss had said near the end of the day. it was a fairly slow day at the office, no surprise as Fridays usually are. I did got to the screening of the movie 'top gun' in one of our training rooms, the last of three days when this event was held. I liked having some of the popcorn from candyland, I got the cheesy and salty popcorn but not the sweet kind. although we didn't finish the movie, our hour was up while they were still doing a love scene where 'take my breath away' by berlin was playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment