Monday, July 10, 2017

maytag building, minneapolis

tonight on the way to the comedy club I saw the entrance for an old building that said 'maytag'. this is the company that my dad worked for. I had seen it before, the 'ghost advertising' on the façade. so I  walked over there after parking near the comedy club and got some photos. it is on Washington street in Minneapolis. I checked a book I had bought, called 'yesterday, today, tomorrow', published in 1945. it was a delayed celebration of the company's 50th anniversary. there are four branch sales offices listed, and one of them is Minneapolis. the others were Kansas city, Indianapolis, and Philadelphia. it is hard to see the 'ghost ad' now as there is construction happening. looks like some signs in the window spoke of restaurants opening there in the next few months. thankful I found my way over there, and took the time to look around.
   at the performance venue I did ones about billy idol, seeing the movie 'big sick', doing karaoke, adjusting my hat, fitness center, laundromat, and bastille day. I did my best to stay in the loop about stage time as well, with a few different comics based on what they recommend to me.
   the payoff report was light for a Monday, but I didn't mind. there was new titles as well, I was still busy for most of the day. riding the bus home tonight, I saw the attorney, and then mr. bonfe. the latter spoke of dealing with panhandlers.


No comments:

Post a Comment