Sunday, July 16, 2017

car show, foul ball

I went to highland festival in st. paul this afternoon. there was a car show, mostly ford models as there was a ford plant in this area for a while. I had some sparkling water, a pulled pork sandwicjh, and a pineapple popsicle as well. it was nice seeing somebody perform 'Eleanor rigby' by the beatles, and there was even a dancer 'acting out' the song. it reminded me of some sia songs.
   I also went to the st. paul saints baseball game, they lost to fargo-moorhead 4-0. it was german night, and there was a team card set giveaway. I got the cards, the fourth set I have now. there other three were 2006, 2009, and 2015. I got a foul ball in the tip of the 5th inning, the ball boy threw it right at me, why not keep it? I was expecting somebody to say 'give it to a kid' but nobody did. this is a rare thing, getting a foul or home run ball. shortly after this I spoke with two ladies who had seats next to me, actually to one more than the other. she was interested in how I am a performer, and I think spoke of her dad being in a band and once having a star at first avenue, a music venue.
  on the news tonight, WCCO, there was a feature about mark hamburger, the saints pitcher. though it didn't seem like there was much in terms of new information, compared to a city pages article from last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment