Thursday, February 21, 2019

alternate kronos machine

I liked finding out there is a second kronos machine at work, where the line can be shorter to stamp in and out. kind of like in college, how I was willing to go to another floor when I needed the bathroom and the one on my floor was being cleaned. or when I am at the airport, there might be a shorter line for the security check if one is willing to look around for it. I have walked the floor at this office quite a bit already and I know where most everything is. the trainer said some things in the system are 'muscle memory' and this concept can apply to various things in life. Maryland gave me a DVD, the movie 'purple rain'. now it means finding the time to watch it. we did more practicing on looking at claims, and there was a guest speaker about HIPAA violations. some weird stories were shared by this guest speaker, some extreme cases of when violations happened. but I understand why, as we must be on alert for what works and what doesn't so we stay in compliance.
   I did some karaoke tonight, two songs. 'closer to fine' by indigo girls, and 'i'm still a guy' by brad paisley. I saw the truck driver and his lady tonight, she did a smart phone photo with him and he gave me the bunny ears in the photo. but we needed three tries before she got one that she liked. he shared some of his social media videos from his smartphone, clowning around while on duty as a driver. he was wearing a bra in one of them. it does remind me of how I like to ask people about their life experiences, as I am constantly wanting to learn and understand better. so it would be a good story to tell if I ever get a chance to ride in one of these 'big rigs'. of course, if they allow passengers and when I have the time for it. I likely don't have paid time off available for a while. they left the bar shortly before I did, and I saw them driving away in a chevy impala.


No comments:

Post a Comment