Thursday, February 14, 2019

the loft movie

I watched a DVD this afternoon, on loan from the library, 'the loft'. it is a thriller, and we all know how I like thrillers. it is about a loft apartment shared by five friends. it starts with a woman found dead in the apartment, and then the story is told about what happened. I liked how the five friends were decidedly different personalities, although I didn't recognize many of the actors in it. the only one I did is also on the TV show 'modern family'. thrillers usually have sex and violence, and this one is no different.
   I had an interview and math exam for a state government position this morning, and the lot was full so I had to park at the hospital ramp nearby. I also got called about an interview, from the same agency, but had to turn it down as it is next week when I am not available. in the evening I went to the karaoke bar, and did two songs. it was 'fire water burn' by bloodhound gang, and 'i was wrong' by social distortion. it was important to me to get there this week when I couldn't make it last week. I found out I was not alone on staying home, according to the karaoke jockey. I had a nice surprise as I was leaving the venue tonight. I got a flower from the flower salesman and he said 'happy valentines day' and I said 'thank you'. this made it a more memorable V-day than typical. it has been put in water, in the same vase I was given when I attended my grandma's funeral over a decade ago. 

No comments:

Post a Comment