Tuesday, February 12, 2019

celebrate small victories

i went out to do some errand running this afternoon, including returning a DVD to the library as well as printing some things there. when I got back home I was thrilled that I didn't get stuck anywhere. sometimes it is a good idea to celebrate the small victories. it helped that I was willing to shovel the snow around my car before I got started, of course. my wheels still spun a little when I was trying to get out of the spot, but not much. I may not have used the shovel much once I bought it, but I still like having it available. one never knows when it might be needed. and then I am less likely to need any help from others. a good rule of thumb, naturally, is to be careful when out and about to avoid any peril. but whenever it is in doubt on how far I will get, I have noticed that I often say 'keep going' in hopes of getting through. and I will admit that I am more likely to avoid stopping at signs as well, when I want to avoid getting stuck. all about playing the percentages.
   I drove around a little when I got home in the evening after performing as I wanted to avoid parking spots where there was too much snow. it was a lesson I learned from delivering pizza one winter in college. it is best to choose the parking spot that one can more than likely get out of, not necessarily the closest one.

No comments:

Post a Comment